Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Adventures in XNA Posing Entry 35: 2013 Finale

Welcome to a late but still special edition. With this entry, its the final one for 2013 and this is more of a short reflection on my first year (or half a year if we were to be technical) of using XNAlara. So without further delay, here's how its gone down for me.




                                                           First discovery

As I sat in the hospital room visiting my dad after he was recovering from surgery, I was looking at some pictures on deviantart when suddenly, I came across a picture that used a in-game model from Tomb Raider ("The Angel Of Darkness" if I recall) and it caught my attention. It was the first time I saw an in-game used on something outside a game magazine, a promotion or the actual game. So I went searching around for how to do that and ended up finding a program called "XNALara". After coming home and downloading it, I wasn't familiar with this "XNA framework" so the first few attempts at activating it were unsuccessful. Once I got familiar with it, that's when it worked and I started messing around with the default models in it and of course from it, came this blog that I figured I'd use as I would rather not waste it just because I didn't need it for class anymore. So from default Tomb Raider models to Models from Mortal Kombat and Tekken, its been an interesting time with this program. I've learned so much and found so much. Its been so much fun as I've always wanted to do this sort of thing and Source Film Maker was originally going to be the means in which I would do this with until I found out I didn't have the computer capable to run it.

So for the final time in 2013, that's it for me. Its been fun, frustraiting, trying and interesting. As I find more and more desired models, I'll continue to make more pictures and post them here and finally start using my deviantart more regularly (because its been a while since I've posted any updates on that thing.).  Hope you all have a Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment